Friday, June 02, 2006

I gotta meet risiblegirl, I gotta meet risiblegirl...

I seem to think I'm some sort of champ, having actually met 4 people that I 'met' online... Risiblegirl is my latest and I have to say, she's pretty darn cute. We met for a mexican lunch during her lunch hour and she's just like her blog. Friendly, chatty, smart and pretty. I can't wait til we get together along with Anonymous G because I know they'll LOVE each other. :)) (Having met both, I'm the expert, right?) lol RG, I hope we get to see you and hubby sometime soon, thanks for meeting up!

So, other than that, I started work this week. Because it was sooner than expected, there isn't much for me to do yet. In fact, they're still working out the details of my job. But I had some reading to do and I think I managed to sit down for two hours and concentrate but that was all I could manage. I think working at home could be dangerous! In an attempt to acclimate before I actually have to sit in my home office, I have gotten up early (6:30am) and headed for the gym by 8am (job starts at 9). I haven't quite made it home by the 9am start time but since there isn't a lot for me to do, no one seems to notice. But I'm working on it. I haven't done this work thing in awhile and getting back into the swing of things is going to be a challenge. Just getting a home office set up should be interested as eventually the whole house will be a work zone. But they've sent me a printer and a docking station and a flat screen monitor, so I guess I need to make it look like I'm actually working! Might help a bit if Irish left the house for work but it's so easy to chat with him and have lunch with him and do.. other..things (blush!) with him during the workday... We'll see how all this goes. Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous G said...

Ah, A! I smiled my way through this whole post! :-)

Can't wait to meet up with youse guys!

Work? W.O.R.K. Concentrate, A. I know you can do it!!! lol

hugs,
G

RisibleGirl said...

It was GREAT to 'meet' you!! And you are just as I had imagined too- very down to earth and easy to talk to. You are my first meet up. AG, you'll be the second!

And... I got to see the baby bump! ;)

I can't wait 'til AG gets here so we ALL can get together.

I can't wait to do it again.

monica said...

AH! So jealous!!!

:) You realize I am going to do the Jedi mind trick one of these days and you will all feel the insatiable urge to travel to Hawaii.

Anonymous G said...

Monica, I already feel that insatiable urge to travel to Hawaii. It must be working!
:-)

Joe said...

Sounds like a fun meeting. Wish I'd been there.

The home office thing sounds pretty cool. I just wonder how long before they catch on and insist that you install a webcam. lol

Mel said...

Awwwww.......RG got to see the baby bump!

Now THAT woulda made the whole journey worth it.

How cool for youse two.....errr...three.....umm......
for all of you!