Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pregnancy rant

Well, not really a rant per se.. Or maybe it is.

I've become addicted to pregnancy message boards. I read iVillage's and another called Babyfit, that has a good calorie counter so I can see how many calories I'm overindulging on. What constantly amazes me is that not one person has any of the minimal issues I have and not one person mentions what an amazingly easy pregnancy they're having. I'd love to see that. Maybe I should be the first.

All the typical ailments associated with pregnancy... I don't have 'em. Aside from a backache when I sit too long (not a big deal), a dull ache on the right side of my upper ribs and a fluttering right next to that achy spot, I feel good. I'm not complaining, I'm so happy that I haven't been bothered by a lot of the issues that the girls on those sites have. I'm truly blessed. But as it is with those boards, you go there for support and I guess I'd like some support for those of us who don't have problems. Because the fact that I don't have any problems, makes me feel like there must be a BIG one. lol

I spend the 30 or so days between appointments waiting for the next one so I can hear the little heartbeat. I'm patiently waiting for a kick or two to let me know things are as they should be... I don't worry that I'm behind the rest of the world (at least, I don't think I'm worried.. I'm certainly aware). I know I need to break the addiction to the message boards, certainly it's not helping at all. But I keep thinking that eventually, someday, there will be a girl on there with few issues and I'll be able to say "me too". And then we'll both get blasted by the general population and have to slink out of the room quietly. lol

Ok, that's my rant. On a happy note, because I like to end things how I feel, the weather is fantastic in town today and for the last few days and for the coming week. Maybe, for once, we'll have a clear and sunny 4th of July.

4 comments:

RisibleGirl said...

I'm *SO* glad the internet wasn't around when I was pregnant. I'd of driven my self nuts and would never have gotten a single thing done!

I do wish they had those 3-d ultrasounds back then though. Those are the COOLEST things I've ever seen.

Anonymous G said...

People who post on message boards go there for support. Except for the one board where we all met, most message boards are filled with negative experiences and complaints. Posters rarely comment about the positive experience they're having on the subject.

Just talk to the experts! People like me 'n RG...or your friends who've been there. We know EVERYTHING about pregnancy and babies!

SO happy for you. Have I mentioned that?

xoxo

crazymagashi said...

no funny food fetishes? Hmmmm. I think wierd food combinations would be the best part of being pregnant.

monica said...

Hahah, those messageboards are what brought me over to ivillage in the first place... but I ended up not sticking around on those boards either.

Hee hee. Good for you!!!