Friday, June 16, 2006

lovin' it

I just got paid for 2 weeks of goofing off. Pretty much. As you may have read in the last entry, I read a bit of documentation and "got used to" working the hours of 9-6. And then I got paid for it! Right on!

Last Sunday I had to fly to the Bay Area for work. I went on Sunday because my brother was going to be there. He's not one to travel to visit his family but he DOES visit online motorcycle friends and help them replace their motorcycle engines. If family happens to be around, he'll see us. lol Seriously, it's true. And no, I'm not bitter. lol But actually, I'm glad I made the effort (like I wouldn't) because it was the nicest time I've spent with him in years. It was just him (no wife, no kid, no computer to contend with) and we actually had a lovely conversation. It's only been a year since I've seen him but seemed like much longer since I've actually talked to him.

I had at least 3 mexican meals in the 4 days I was there... yum, yum. I'm convinced that it's just too far over the border up here in Seattle, that's why there isn't any good mexican food. With that theory though, you'd think there'd be a lot more great Canadian food. (What is that exactly?) Besides that, I visited with a couple friends and I fit right back into my old office like I'd never left (it's been 5 years). Although the department has doubled since I was there, I know everyone and it feels like a family. It's pretty cool. Still... I'm glad to be working from home (a bit too much chocolate available whenever I want it).

I got home on Wednesday night and have been trying to settle into working. I haven't had a lot to do yet but I imagine once we figure out exactly what my role is, it'll work out. In the meantime, I like working from the couch, or the deck, or my office. I like taking a break out and talking to my friend that is visiting from the Bay Area. I especially love looking out my window at the view when I should be working. Maybe next week when the kitchen is clean, I'll show you a photo of my view....

For now though, you just get a shot of the 20 week belly.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5 comments:

Anonymous G said...

20 weeks? Oh, wow A, you're half-way there!!!

:-) You look adorable! :-)

Sounds like all is well and work is...well, working out!

Awaiting photos of the view...

xo

RisibleGirl said...

Right on! is right!!

*LOVE* the belly shot. I can't believe you're 20 weeks along already.

So, what is the bun doing these days? Kicking? Inquiring minds want to know.......

Joe said...

Look at the little one growing! How cute is that?

And somehow I think Canadian food would involve bacon products...

Joe said...

How adorable is that shot of the growing little one?

And based on my experience with breakfast foods, I think that Canadian cusine involves lots of bacon.

monica said...

Woo hoo! Halfway!!! You're looking good! You think maybe the baby will be born speaking Spanish with all that Mexican food you've been eating? Hee hee.

Maternity clothes are so cool these days... not that frumpy tent stuff that I was forced to wear because I was in BFE Rhode Island, miles and miles away from a decent mall!!!