Thursday, June 22, 2006

Working hard or hardly working?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I don't think this photo really does my view justice. Suffice it to say, I don't have a hard time sitting at my desk and looking out at the water. Not hard at all. It helps that I don't have a phone yet, so my electronic leash only extends as far as the laptop. I can move around all over the house, then come back to check and see if I've received any email. It's kind of nice. I'm trying to be good and conscientious, irish can't believe that I actually stay at my desk til 6pm. He's constantly inviting me to go for a walk or something during the middle of the day. I have to say 'uh.. i'm WORKing' and that sort of thing. I figure if I'm good now, I won't get questioned as much later, if I decide to take a long lunch or something. I don't want anyone wondering what I'm doing and why I'm getting paid this much to do it, I want to contribute and let everyone know I'm here!

Besides work, not much else has changed. Irish's sister will be visiting in less than a week. That should be interesting. I'm glad I'm working because she's a shopper and will want to go shopping. Irish will have "fun" doing that. I head back to Nor Cal for an overnight trip next week and we have our 22 week appointment at the doctor. Frankly, I find the appointments pretty routine, I guess we just don't have a lot of questions. All they do is take my BP and weigh me.. I keep hoping something else will happen but I guess that's off in the future sometime. We are meeting with a midwife this time, I just haven't been so thrilled with my OB and when they conveniently called to reschedule, I suggested that I'd been wanting to talk to a midwife. So, we'll see if there's any difference or just an extension of the medical side of birthing. The HMO I'm with seems pretty pro 'natural birth', low C-section rates, blah-de-blah-de-blah but it IS a medical facility so who knows what they'll be pushing.. Can you tell I've actually been reading?
I know all the moms out there will probably say the same thing my mom did "TAKE THE DRUGS" and in all honesty, I will probably need them but I'd like to go in thinking that I will try every possibility to suffer..erm..do it naturally. I don't really know my tolerance for pain since I've never really been hurt... I'll probably end up being a wuss... But it's worth a try...

Ok, before you nod off, I'll close this post and visit again soon when something exciting happens. lol

5 comments:

Joe said...

Love the picture - and congrats on being able to resist both irish's considerable charm the lure of a walk in such a beautiful area.

I was going to volunteer as the midwife, but then I thought it best that the person in that role not pass out halfway through.

Finally, with respect to the drugs, I don't know about the birthing process, but you'll likely need them in the years that follow.

E in Oz said...

Awesome view. Don't think I'd get much work done sitting there. hehe.

And LOL at Joe's last comment! I have a high pain tolerance, but I think if I were going to hatch an alien, I'd wanna be feeling nothing.

RisibleGirl said...

Wow! You have a lovely view!!!

AS for taking the drugs (you knew we moms would pipe in!) I tried the natural with number 1 son, but gave in eventually.

I told the nurse from the moment I was in labor with number 2 son, bring on the drugs!

Anonymous G said...

Lovely view. I am sooo jealous!

Drugs. With my first, I needed them and took advantage of them. With my second, she came so fast I didn't need them. THAT's the way to go. Quick labor, no drugs. Can you arrange that??

xo

monica said...

Haha, I had quick labor, no drugs too. I wanted them. I asked for them. They wouldn't cough them up. Bastards.

*(high whiny mimicky voice)* Oh, you're doing so well you won't even miss breakfast!

In ideal world, you'd have a quick labor and they'd let you take the drugs home...

But with a view like THAT... wow!