Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Disappointing photos...

We finally developed our photos from the cruise. For whatever reason, I don't think we captured the beauty of Alaska... it could have been the dull days - bad light - there just wasn't the contrast that there was in real life. I'll post a few here and see what I can do about the others.

Tracy Arm Fjord
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bald Eagle
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tracy Arm Fjord
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Our train to White Pass
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There's more.. on the other computer.. I haven't edited them yet. They might show a bit more of the majesty of the Tracy Arm Fjord. Sheer granite faces and this narrowing path between them that somehow our giant ship was able to not only able to manuever through but turn around in. The driving of that vessel was a thing of beauty, I have to say.

Besides that, I just want to mention that I am once again employed. My old boss (re: friend) hired me to work for her again. She basically created a position for me because she wanted to hire me back. And she's paying me way more than people make in this position in Seattle. I can't complain! I get to work from home (good and bad points) and I get to stay mostly local. Now, having said that, I have to go to PA in 2 weeks for 3 days and again a week later for a day. But other than that... it's pretty sweet!

On an very exciting note, I get to meet Risiblegirl tomorrow. I hope I don't call her that. lol

3 comments:

Anonymous G said...

The pictures look great, A! Hope you'll be able to post more.

CONGRATS and YAY for the job. It sounds perfect for you...

Hope you and RG have a great time together. I know you will.

See ya both next month?

hugs!
G

RisibleGirl said...

Yup G, I can't wait!

It was so fun to have lunch with you A!

The pictures are gorgeous. I especially liked the top one. Beautiful!

Mel said...

I wanna go! I wanna go!!
Mostly I think I wanna ride the train and see penguins.

(please don't spoil my fantasy about penguins in Alaska--the Brit thinks that's his job...)

*hugs*