Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Every day just gets better

Gosh, I'm so happy. Honestly. I feel blessed every day and it feels good! I was at the gym today, listening to a song I used to listen and RELATE to

Have You Seen Me Lately
by The Counting Crows

Get away from me, just get away from me
This isn't gonna be easy
But I don't need you
Believe me

You got a piece of me
But it's just a little piece of me
And I don't need anyone
These days
I feel like I'm fading away

Like sometimes when I hear myself on the radio
Have you seen me lately?
Have you seen me lately?

I was out on the radio starting to change
Somewhere out in America, it's starting to rain
Could you tell me the things you remember
About me
And have you seen me lately?

I remember me
And all the little things that make up a memory
Like she said she loved to watch me sleep
Like she said: "It's the breathing, it's the breathing in and out and in and..."
Have you seen me lately?

I was out on the radio starting to change
Somewhere out in America it's starting to rain
Could you tell me the things you remember
About me
And have you seen me lately?

I thought that someone would notice
I thought somebody would say something
If I was missing
Can't you see me?
Come on color me in
Come on color me in
Give me your blue rain
Give me your black sky
Give me your green eyes
Come on give me your white skin
Come on give me your white skin
Come on give me your white skin

I was out on the radio starting to change
Somewhere out in America, it's starting to rain
Could you tell me the things you remember
About me
And have you seen me lately?
Have you seen me lately

And I thought how different my life is now, how absolutely different I feel and I'm grateful for that. Sometimes I think if I'd actually ended my life the two or three times I thought about it, I wouldn't have been as blessed to have all the amazing things that are happening to me now.

But I digress... We've had houseguests since Saturday night - a lovely couple that we really enjoy. We've been doing the touristy things again - taking the ferry, visiting the Pike Place Market, enjoying the sunshine. They took off for a few days to Vancouver, BC and then Saturday night we leave for our cruise to Alaska! I can't believe it's already here and I'm getting excited about it. We're having phenomenal weather and I can only hope that it stays and travels with us up the coast!

Besides that, it's getting to be that time.... my 20-year high school reunion. I never thought I'd want to go, certainly when I was in high school, I had no desire to see alot of those people again but now there's plenty I want to see. I'm looking forward to it. I've actually contacted a couple people through email, just to find out how they are doing and WHAT they are doing. I'm looking forward to showing M where I grew up as well.

Finally, M got his green card approval today!! Without an interview!!! I guess they do that for some people (I don't know the criteria but we'll take it) and so he should have it sometime next week!! We are thrilled although it doesn't mean much other than he can live here legally, which he was already doing. Hopefully it'll make leaving the country (and coming back) easier. Sigh... it's soooo good! Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous G said...

:-)
Can't help but smile, reading this A.

So happy for you and your happiness!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

xoxo

Joe said...

I'm pretty sure that the whole approval process went like this: "Oh, he's married to A? Let him in".

That said, they're missing out by not having the pleasure of meeting him.

Have a great time on the cruise! Can't wait to see the pics. Assuming, of course, that the batteries work.

RisibleGirl said...

Isn't it SO great when you have the ability to see how blessed you're life is?

You really are blessed, and you deserve every bit of it!

Gah- I feel the same way. :)

Mel said...

Okay--who wouldn't smile, reading this?

(((((((((((((((((((((A))))))))))))))))))

It just looks darn good on you.

And congrats to M on that resident alien status.
Awwwwwwww.....you can call him 'my little alien' like I do the Brit!
He'll love it....LOL.......trust me!