Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Back home, no photos yet

Just a quick note to let you all know we made it back safely. I think Irish and I are still reeling in wonder from the fact that we agreed to go on a cruise and found it to be exactly as we expected. Not to say that the scenery wasn't fantastic and the food plentiful, that our Irish friends weren't terrific to travel with, because they were and it was. What made two world travelers who searched out exotic faraway places on the cheap, steered away from tourist traps (for the most part, because really, Machu Picchu is a bit of a tourist trap) and other Americans because we wanted a different perspective... what made us go on a cruise is still mind-boggling to us... and I think it's going to take a week or so to recover...

I have a few photos but they are on the other computer and not uploaded yet. I promise to work on that today because it's dreary and wet outside and it seems like the perfect day to do this!

5 comments:

Anonymous G said...

WELCOME HOME!

It sounds like the scenery and company made the trip worthwhile, but that the trip wasn't worthwhile.

Have I got that right?

Still...I'm looking forward to your pictures. I'm sure they will be gorgeous!

(how's the bun??)

xoxo

monica said...

Hey there! Sounds like a WONDERFUL time... looking forward to pictures, whenever you get around to it.

:) I know it was a "vacation," but you are the reigning champion of "hair on fire"!!! House guests, travel, dog-sitting, new house, work, and a baby on the way?!? My idol!! :)

RisibleGirl said...

Can't wait to see pics!

Want to set up a lunch date before we hook up with AG?

I'm available in Seattle any Tuesday or Thursday.....

monica said...

Oh man, Ang, you have NO idea! Hahahahahahahahahah.

;)

E in Oz said...

At least you can cross 'go on a cruise' off the list. Hey, does that make it kiddo's first vacation? I can't keep up.

...waiting (im)patiently for pics. hehe