Thursday, September 07, 2006

Just call me 'chubby'

I look tired. That's all I can say about this photo. Tired. I don't feel too tired but maybe that day I did. (Obviously I don't get that way from cleaning my room, as you might notice my room is a pit if you were looking past me in the photo!)



All is well out here. We are keeping busy going out with our friends without kids (while they'll still see us!) and picking up the odd kids items from other friends. My mom is coming into town for a long weekend and we are hoping she'll motivate us to pick up some more odds and ends. I'm telling you, the amount of shite that you can buy for a bun is overwhelming. We strongly believe in second hand items but I'm guessing a little t-shirt can only be thrown up on so many times before it isn't any good any more! lol And we're not really fans of the hand-me-down carseat or stroller. Most people have these 4X4 pickup type strollers and we are NOT interested in that so we've been good and said no. Just because it's free doesn't mean we need to bring it home with us!

As for me, I'm still feeling good, most of the time. A little more tired than average but that's to be expected. Going to the gym in the morning still but the heart rate jumps up fast and I feel like I'm moving in slow motion to keep it down to the recommended beats per minute. But I'd rather go than not, it can only help me during labor - at least that's what I am telling myself. Plus, if I don't workout, I drag even more through the rest of my day. So, it's a necessity.

The bun is moving around like crazy, it's like having an almost perpetual upset stomach that you can't do anything about. But 'he' isn't keeping me up at night so that's good. And I'd much rather have him moving than not. But still... I'll be glad to have my body back.

Aside from all things child related, we have halted plans on our remodel. We got the first bid, so to speak, and we started to wonder if it was really worthwhile to change our lifestyles for the sake of some more space. Meaning, it cost enough to make us reconsider. lol We are batting around the idea of re-doing the current space we have, which would cost us considerably less and M could do a majority of the work.. Anyhow, like we don't have enough to think about, now we have that too! Fun, fun!

Oh, I just realized I better take off for my dental appt. I will write more later!! Cheers

6 comments:

monica said...

Awww!!! I totally hear ya on the wanting your body back and not wanting the Humvee sized stroller. And the remodeling/renovation thing. I about choked when I got the estimate for finishing a bathroom that I already bought all the materials for!!!

Almost there!!! And you're looking great. Good on ya for going to the gym!!! (It does help.)

E in Oz said...

I agree with Monica. You look great.

Joe said...

Awww...look at you!!

Just remember, you're not too far away from being able to replace that camera in your hand with a glass of wine.

RisibleGirl said...

Awww, now THAT's a baby bump!

Glad you're halting the remodel for at least a while... I can't imagine preparing for/having/caring for a baby and going through remodeling. Yikes.

You look great!

Anonymous G said...

You DO look great, A! SOoo happy for you and M. You're in the final stretch.

Why waste time cleaning a room that's only going to get messed up again? ;-)

Enjoy your time with mom and these last weeks of bun-on-board.

xo

Mel said...

Baby bump!
Baby bump!!

(don't worry--those bumps go away, honest!)

Besides--you DO look good there, mom!