Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What a week!

First of all... I got to meet Ang and Colby! I have to say, I *love* when people say 'let's get together' and then THEY DO. It's not just "talk" and it happens. Don't get me wrong, I know things come up and sometimes it's impossible and I wouldn't hold that against anyone, but I truly love it when the stars and planets and people align and it clicks.

Ang and I emailed back and forth about maybe getting together while she was here for 10 days or so. We exchanged cell phone numbers and said 'let's see what we can do'. It truly couldn't have worked better for us. My mom was flying in later in the day on Saturday, we were in the process of cleaning our house (so it looked a bit cleaner than usual), and she called when we were at Costco so we picked up a couple quiches and asked them to meet at our place. Luckily for us, they weren't picky about what they had because they seemed to like the quiche and salad! lol

Delightful couple, I must say. I felt like I knew Ang already, through the various ways our paths crossed online and it was fun to put a face with the name. And no matter what anyone says about showing a different side online, the friendly outgoing side that I know of Ang was there in person as well. Colby I didn't know so much about but I have to say he was incredibly nice. Especially since he was probably wondering why he had to meet these old folks for lunch when he didn't even know them! lol He's one of those people who really looks at you when you're talking and I like that too. They were very cool and I'm glad they stopped by. I hope Ang was able to get a bit of shopping in downtown as well!

Besides that, my mom arrived on us for a few days, which was great. She's a great guest as she kind of does her own thing while we work during the day. And she made food, which we LOVE.
I seriously appreciate having a nice meal cooked and ready for me. M does it all the time so it was nice for him to get a break as well by having my mom cook. Yum! On top of that, she kind of served as the baby stuff advisor. M and I had a carseat and stroller picked out but she gave the thumbs up which motivated us to actually "purchase" the thing. She also helped get all sorts of gear for the wee one together - blankets, bibs, towels, etc. All that stuff you need. Thank god because I'm not sure I could've gotten it together to organize it. When I'm given an overwhelming task like that sometimes I just procrastinate. OK. I'll always procrastinate. The kid would've been arriving home in a pillowcase or something.. lol So that's all set.

Well, I'm off now.

5 comments:

Anonymous G said...

Oh, YAY!! You got to meet our Ang and her Colby!! I just know that was great!

Glad to hear your mom is there and keeping you two youngsters in line. We can't have that li'l baby coming home in a pillowcase!;-)

xo

E in Oz said...

Ah, I'm jealous you guys got to meet! So glad you did though! :-) That's awesome.

I'm sure it's great having your mum there doing mum stuff too. I agree about making sure baby doesn't go home in a pillowcase. I did that once with a siamese kitten, but that's really not the same. hehe

(((hugs)))

Mel said...

:-)

As a professional procrastinator, I'm just smilin' and nodding. LOL

Quiche and salad is a whole meal--and with good company, it's a feast!

RisibleGirl said...

I am *so* jealous! We were on a wine tasting weekend last weekend, so I'm hoping that Angie and Colby will be able to meet up with us this weekend before she goes home.

::stamps my foot::

monica said...

AHHH! So jealous!!! Why doesn't anyone happen to stop in Hawaii????

DS spent time in a flannel pillowcase right after we brought him home... the diapers leaked on all the receiving blankets we had. Who knew "Newborn" diapers could be too big?!? Haha. Oh well.