Monday, August 28, 2006

Relief

Holy cow, only 10 more weeks. I can't believe how quickly time is going by during this pregnancy. Aside from a desire to sleep on my stomach again, it has been easy. I've been lucky. I know I've said this a hundred times before. I'll say it again. I feel blessed!

I had the 3 hr glucose test for gestational diabetes. It was a long day. Get into the lab at 7:30 with no coffee or food (since 10:30 the night before, not TOO bad) and get my blood drawn. Drink something similar to Sprite and sit down to wait. M came with me and we sat there reading and occasionally chatting. Every hour someone would look at me and say, 'it's time' and I'd go back and get my blood drawn again. By 10:30, it was over. I didn't feel as crappy as the first time I did it. I was all set to get a warm lunch but their cafeteria was in-between breakfast and lunch so I had to settle for cereal. Bah! By the time I got to my 11:00 appt with the midwife though, I figured it must've been good, as I only gained 1/2 a pound.

Not much happened at the appointment, we met our 3rd of 5 midwives in the group. She was pretty nice and answered all our questions but heck, that's their job! lol We go again in 3 weeks...

Other than the obvious impending birth of our child, we've been taking it easy. I have been anyhow. M is still working on the bedroom remodel and it's looking good. He should have it finished in time for my mom's visit in 2 weeks. We took a drive Saturday, looking at houses.
We are always looking even though we are planning on the remodel. You never know when you're going to get good ideas, or even when you're going to find something you like better.
We were driving through a rather populated area near the water and saw some open houses. New houses but we stopped anyway. They were brutal, who needs 4500 sq ft of living space, I ask you that? We continued on down the street and were looking at some stables and a couple farmhouses. I made M drive down to one of the farmhouses because it was gorgeous. Like something you'd see in the midwest (well, my tv version of the midwest) - wrap around porch, beautiful big lot. And there it was. The sign -For Sale By Owner. A little more than a stone's throw from the water (turns out it didn't have water access at the lot, but rather down the street). We fell in love with it. We called about it and she was showing it on Sunday. Ah heck, we went for a look. You couldn't beat the location or the house - it looked like something that belonged in the country and it was in the city. The woman selling it had the whole history - it had actually been moved from a location right next to the water back to this location. Needless to say, the walls we all cracked.. It was an odd house. At one hand you saw the potential but on the other hand, it wasn't a house you wanted to change too much. Too pretty. Too idyllic. Great price. After an hour of day dreaming, we left. It was not.quite.The.One. But it definitely turned our heads.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Well.....we do have a whole LOT of wraparound porches around here...
They're good for sitting.
They're good for visiting with friends and neighbours.
And they're GREAT for rocking chairs.

You'll know when it's THE house to snatch up.
And you'll let us know the results of the 'gee isn't THIS fun' testing, right?

*sending prayers and positive thoughts* (you know me....it's what I DO...)

monica said...

Sounds like a great way to unwind and spend the weekend!!

4500 sqft. Who can clean that much house, really!!!

Anonymous G said...

10 weeks. Wow. That's a nice little countdown you have going...

House hunting is so much fun!Dreaming, scheming... Loved reading about it!

stay well....
(okay, so I borrowed those words from Mel, but they fit!)

xo

RisibleGirl said...

I'm finally making time to do the rounds!

That house sounds dreamy to me, but I know what you mean about knowing when it's 'the one'.

10 weeks (well probably more like 9 now..). Holy wow.

crazymagashi said...

I love houses like those! I love wraparound porches. That's the kind of house I'd like when I'm...a bit more grown up. Hehehehe.

E in Oz said...

*sneaks in the back door*

Psssst! I'm still here hehe. ;-)