Friday, March 10, 2006

Sick, tired and TGIF

I haven't been here this week because I've been on the road and sick. I had to start back up at my first contract, so I've been going out for a few hours a day, then I come home and collapse in exhaustion. I was so excited because I got to the gym on Saturday last week, and then by Sunday afternoon I was starting to feel sick. It never fails. The minute I finally get my butt in gear to get back to the gym (and believe me, it was a struggle this time) and I immediately get sick. I went to the gym again on Monday but have been taking it easy since. It's to bed by 8-8:30 each night and finally today I am feeling considerably better. Still tired but better.

We have been watching the weather lately and hoping for snow. My girl friend is so excited for some snow, we planned to walk through it "if it snowed" and have hot chocolate at her house after the walk. It didn't snow but it's good to know we have a plan.... The weather has been random, as it can only be in Seatt1e in March, so one minute it's raining and the next the sun is shining full force. We noticed a couple daffodils finally bloomed near our front door on Monday morning, only to be shivering in the cold (and inexplicably twisted around each other, maybe to keep warm?) by Wednesday. Poor things. They were just hoping for spring.

We have our first houseguests from Ireland arriving on Wednesday, just in time for St Paddy's Day - there's going to be some boozing in our house that night. And quite possibly the next. And the next.. and the next... and possibly before that night too! lol

Hopefully I'll feel a bit better this weekend and have something more interesting to say. Just wanted to let you all know where I'd been. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous G said...

Cheers! back atcha..

My hubby is visiting the emerald city this weekend. I hope the weather is kind to him...

Hope you're feeling better!

E in Oz said...

Nice to see ya back! Hope you're feeling better.

Can't wait to read the post-St Pat's post. hehe

RisibleGirl said...

Ohhhh, I've been sick on the road before and it makes it 100x worse!

I hope you're feeling better by now.

xoxo

crazymagashi said...

Maybe its the germs at the gym. The gym I used to go to had disinfectants around to wipe off the equipment with.
Keep it up though. Exercise boosts your immune system.