Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I think we're in love....

come on, you remember it, the Eddie Money song from the 80s.... (except he said, 'I think I'm in love' and really, it wasn't a very *good* song so I don't blame you for not remembering. anyhow, i'm referring to the car right now....

so sunday morning, after I picked up my friends from the airport and dropped them off at home, irish and i looked at each other and said.....

"So, do we need to go to the store today? maybe we could go to the one in Spokane (which is 350 miles across the state)"

...just so we could drive the car. :)

Instead, we hopped in the car and drove to Sn0qualm1e Falls, about 40 minutes away.

Image hosting by Photobucket

It didn't look quite like this - not as much water flowing, but it was pretty cool all the same and we did a short hike that went straight down at what seemed like a 60 degree decline. I should have taken my own photos but this one is probably better anyway. It was absolutely stunning. When we walked to the bottom, we were looking at it and a man told us that the Native Americans believe that the mist coming off the water where the fall hits are the souls of their dead ancestors.... Makes you look at things another way then, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous G said...

Oh! I LOVE the falls. I've always wanted to have brunch in the lodge that overlooks the falls.
Someday....

Wishing you many, many fun-filled adventures in your new car.

xo

Joe said...

On the other hand, if you had chosen to take your own photos, you would probably have gotten to the bottom of the falls only to discover that the batteries were dead.

At least then you could have told to the Native American man that you believe the mist coming off the water where the fall hits are the souls of your dead batteries.

grrltraveler said...

LOL, joe!

a

crazymagashi said...

Ha! Joe, that's funny. That just sounds 'misty' enough to be true that's what they believe. I like to drive so that's awesome you're liking your new baby.
I'm planning to be in Seattle next month, so I might check out the dead people mists also.