Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back from the walking dead..

Actually, I've been healthy for a few days now. I've started back up at the gym full time. I'm feeling MUCH better. Which is good. Since we have friends from Ireland visiting since Wednesday night. St Patricks Day was interesting... I mean, I've never thought about what the Irish might think of our version of the holiday.... they couldn't believe that the "Irish" pubs charged for entrance.... moreso the lines out the door at the place we were going to go. They wouldn't wait, which was probably fine, because we went to a great place in downtown Seattle and had a ball. We sat down about 3 and didn't leave until 10 that night. You can imagine the craic that was had - after many pints of Guinness and G&Ts - singing, the lot. They were having a limerick contest in the pub - we wrote about 5 of them and at least bribed the judges with a $1 and won second place, which gave us a $100 gift certificate to the place for dinner! I'll post the limerick here...

There once was a comedian named Mike
Who censored what the Irish did write
Oh the ....
and what capped it all
They bribed him to win on the night

Oh hell. I can't remember that bit. Typical of me, forgetting the punchline.... I can remember my phone number from when I was a kid and I can remember my friends numbers from 20 years a go, birthdays of strangers, etc.... but I can't remember something we did two nights ago....

Suffice it to say, we won. It was a wonderful night!

3 comments:

crazymagashi said...

Maybe the drinking had something to do with it. It sounds like you had fun. A limerick contest! So cool!

Anonymous G said...

Sounds like a jolly good time!
hic!
;-)
hugs,
G

RisibleGirl said...

That sounds like a fun time!

I'm trying to remember what I did on St. Patty's day.

Hmmmm...