Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Quiet times



It's been a whirlwind of a month and if you are on Facebook, you already know all this. Plus if you watch the news, you probably know that we had the worst snowstorm in a few years right before Christmas. We loved seeing the snow fall the first day, we walked every day we could and we even went sledding down our hill. I guess that was the only advantage to living on a hill in a bad snowstorm... sledding was good and very close to home. Our deck had about a foot and a half of snow. The girl was home every.day. And I found out the disadvantage of working from home! You don't get to take snow days! What! Just because I don't drive to work doesn't mean I shouldn't get to enjoy a bit of fun like everyone else.... But no, I had to work and E was home the whole time. It was challenging to say the least. It certainly makes me appreciate stay-at-home moms even more than they can spend the whole day with their kids. Every day. Anyhow, this photo was taken when M went to the store with E in the sled and on his way back, she dozed off. It was too cute so we sent it to our local area blog and she made the front page briefly before she was kicked off by yet more snow coverage.

So, the week leading up to Christmas was very uneventful in our lives, just slow torture where you could not really get out of the house and/or your child did not want to walk in the snow so you either had to carry her everywhere or stay inside. We thought briefly that we would not be able to fly to So Cal for Christmas but at the last moment, we got a break and our neighbor agreed to drive us. I only have two photos of the girl from Christmas, that were taken on a Fl1p video camera... forgive me the crappy shot.

Oh, and to add to that great list of December 2008 items, I've probably gained back 10 pounds! WAH!

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

E is so cute!!!! I love that photo.

Unknown said...

OMG, that is the most adorable picture EVER!!! (I seem to say that a lot, don't I? Well, she does get cuter with each picture!)

Glad to hear your holidays were merry. I picked up 7 pounds, so you're not alone!

Joe said...

I love the pics. She's too adorable.

Sorry about all of the snow and gloomy weather. I know it gets old quick.

RisibleGirl said...

That photo is DARLING! When I first saw it I said to myself, "no way is she asleep". But sure enough!

I'm feeling what you're talking about with the all day with the kid thing. I forgot how much WORK puppies are. At least I can put him in a crate when I need to get stuff done (not very often though, because I'm addicted to him).

I put on a few lbs myself, but thanks to the broken jaw diet, those pounds are history.