Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Every day gets better..... well, interesting anyhow

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This last few weeks has been busy. E has been sprouting up a couple teeth (two at the same time! oy!) so needless to say, she hasn't been a happy camper. One minute she's smiling like a crazy thing and then suddenly it's crying and fussy and ugh, here M, she's yours, you hold her for awhile. lol (seriously folks, M's a brilliant dad and she's a daddy's girl. i'm definitely hovering on the outside of this trio.)

Besides that, M's parents came over from the Emerald Isle. They arrived last Wed and are here for a couple more weeks. It's been going well. M's mam takes E for walks and M's dad is frustrating..er.. helping M finish a major project. Another project, you may ask? Yes, there is a big hole downstairs where a window used to be and some concrete wall. They are installing the french doors that used to be in our kitchen. That room is going to someday be our master bedroom, provided we don't move out of the city and get a huge house for nothing.

I was hoping to get started on Weight Watchers but haven't had the time or energy to get to a meeting. With all that's going on, I guess I'm going to wait (and have to pay $20 extra bucks because there's a special going on right now) until the folks leave. I was hoping to get to the gym while they've been here but my pillow-top has me pinned to it most mornings. I can't move. It's frustrating. I desperately want to and need to see my belly size decrease and I can.not.get.motivated. This is not like me. I actually LIKE working out. I miss the gym. I just can.not.get.going. Sigh.

OH! and last but not least, I had LASIK surgery last week!!! WOOOOO HOOOO. The best thing ever and so much less painful than having a baby with no meds. lol I went in early in the morning, had the procedure which took all of 30 minutes, rested in a dark room for about 4 hours and could see by mid day with no glasses or contacts. When I went in for my follow up on Friday, my eyes measured 20/15 (20/20 being the best, 20/15 being smaller "better")! I was saying things like "is that a hiker over there on the Olympics (mountains approx. 200 miles away)?" and silly things like that. I cannot believe I didn't do this sooner. It's a dream.

6 comments:

Anonymous G said...

Wow, A..congrats on the new and improved vision. Must be WONDERFUL!

Yeah. teething can be a real joy. So nice that daddy helps out so much.

Enjoy your time with the in-laws (why does that title just not sound friendly/family enough??). Maybe they'll get the project completed...ya' never know!

Don't be too hard on yourself about working out. You'll fit it in soon enough. You've got lots going on right now. And, if I know you, when you're ready, you.will.get.motivated! :)

xoxo

RisibleGirl said...

GAH! What a sweet, sweet little face!

and now you have better eyes to see her with!

I'm loving my "put them in overnight" contacts for the same reason you're loving the lasik.

It's so wonderful to not have to wear glasses.

Angela Noelle said...

How exciting to have such wonderful vision! I remember when my sister first got her glasses we got in the car to drive home, and she was standing outside staring in amazement at the trees. She was in absolute awe that she could actually see each separate leaf on the tree and not just a big green blur!

And E looks just so beautiful--I love the expressions she makes!

Best of luck with the project and with the getting to the gym. I've always found it hardest to actually just get started. Once I've made myself work out regularly a couple of times, it's much easier to keep doing it. You'll get there!

Unknown said...

You'd hardly know that little girl EVER has a cross moment. Look at the way those eyes twinkle!!!!

Speaking of which, yeah- LASIK was definitely money well spent and better than labor with no drugs. Then again, the valium didn't help when they forgot to mention that the suction cup thingie was going to press down on my eyeball hard enough to cut the optic nerve signal. :) Who, me? Panic??? NEVER!!!

Would love to see a picture of the French doors when they're done. (hint, hint!) :)

crazymagashi said...

Wow! I've missed so much! I can't believe your baby is getting so big! Cute!

Joe said...

Look at you guys! New teeth, new vistors, new and improved eyesight!

Good to see nothing has changed--at least with respect to you living the exciting life!